Friday, July 6, 2012

Haircuts and mousses and aprons and more

To my devoted bloggers, who I know are just waiting for the next post.

Marcie and Mike, if you do not already know this, are two of the most wonderful people on the planet. They're amazing. If you haven't met them, you would like them.

They've come to stay with us (yay!) because one of their sons, Toby, is getting married at the Moose on Saturday. He's been a bowling volunteer and has basically saved the Moose's bowling alley - we can't thank him enough.

Anyway, look what Marcie brought me!


And the best part, the pocket:

Isn't that just awesome??

I made Marcie and Mike a chocolate mousse. Voila!
It was good. It was quite good. Unfortunately, we ran out of semisweet chocolate chips and Jem had to run to the store and they had run out of them too so he bought Hershey's milk chocolate chips, so I had to skimp on the sugar in the whipped cream...and oh, I found out what happens when you overbeat whipped cream just a little bit.

Anyway, the mousse was quite lovely. Next time, though, I'm sticking with normal chocolate chips. (Take note, this isn't for this blog, it's just a way of sharing my life with you. Assuming you would care. Gosh, blogs are really self-centered, aren't they?)

Oh, and this is exciting:
I got a haircut. You can't really tell in that picture, but it's a few inches shorter and quite chic. Or so Mom tells me, but she told me that my hairband was very Audrey Hepburn a few days ago and even though AH is the highest eschelon of style, I don't really think I'm anything like her at all. And I'm not fishing. It's just true.

Right. So. New dishes coming up shortly. Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment