Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Confession

So, remember how I said I'd only be using recipes from our collection of cookbooks? Well, I'm not. We have no good lemon recipes. Anywhere.

Actually, that's not true - my mother makes a KILLER lemon souffle. It is one of the best desserts on this earth. If you have not tried it, then you are denied one of life's great pleasures.

My mouth is literally watering just thinking about it. So, anyway, because I haven't been able to find a good lemon recipe in any of our books, I've resorted to the Internet. (N.B.: If you google "good lemon desserts" you get almost too many to choose from.)

I'm not exactly proud of this, but I love the Internet. It's completely invaluable. And the recipe I found - for a lemon layer cake - is going to be incredible. I hope.

I found the recipe here. And I'm going to be making it this afternoon. Hopefully - if all goes well - if it doesn't just crumple like that stupid Millionaire Truffle Cake, I will have pictures!

Yeah, this post is kind of...completely superfluous. Well, that's what happens when you have 1 bored tenth grader, 1 blog, and 1 computer. And 1 lemon layer cake recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment